Friday, December 31, 2010

The Things They Do for Fun!

There aren't many times when I am at a loss for words.  I love the song in Charlotte's Web that says, "isn't it great that I articulate!"  However, while on deputation or visiting friends in the states, there is always one question posed to me that shuts me up every time. (tho momentarily only).

Always, in the course of visiting our friends or churches where we talk about life in Kenya, someone comes up to me and says, "Sooo, what do your kids do for fun?"  Then the dummy moment hits me. My mouth drops open, my mind is full of an avalanche of adventures, projects, tasks, and other creative moments.  I stand there like an idiot until finally I blurt out, "EVERYTHING!"

Before you think me the only one who experiences this, let me just justify that I have talked to many, many other missionaries who have this same question posed to them.  Tho I can't say that they are as dumb about answering as I am,  I can say its a tough question to answer unless you have a day or so...or a blog!  So, I decided to go back through all the photos we had, and pick a few that says it all.  Granted some are dated, and I've posted those because even tho they continued do those things, I stopped taking pictures.  In doing this little task down memory lane, two things came to me:
 One, most of the time they are doing the really nutsy stuff, there are friends involved. Thus proving that it must take a group to make up such crazy stuff.
 The second thing I learned is that I am so thankful that I wasn't watching and the Lord was!

So...what do they do for fun?

Make Stuff!
Brenden does pottery, under the close eye of his tutor.

Ben made his own surf board

Ben and Adam's homemade skim boards!

Part of a mural Brenden just finished.

BIKE DIVING!



HIKING, CLIMBING AND JUMPING OFF OF CLIFFS!










No body hikes without a guide..pick a guide!

I hope I haven't bored anyone with too many pictures.   There is a lot more they do, and it may be a Part 2. But for now, let me end with one more.
Getting a kiss of thanks for saving a little life!




No comments:

Post a Comment